We all know that it is that time of the year where everybody starts with their festive season pre-planning travel plans and ensuring everything is on order before leaving for Holiday.
You and your family’s safety are of the utmost importance and you really do not want that ‘Jolly” festive mood to take an unexpected turn.
Before you go, have a look at the following checklist to prepare your vehicle for your upcoming holiday.
Pre – Holiday Checklist:
• Make certain the vehicle’s Owner Manual is in the vehicle. (That is top priority)
• Check that all fluid levels are topped up. Next in order to make sure the battery has been tested and checked for any acid leaks or cracks.
• Make certain that your vehicle’s lights, as well as your wiper blades, are operating properly. (Especially in wet weather conditions and driving at night)
• Ensure that the vehicle’s braking system & shock absorbers are in operating condition.
• Regularly check that your tyre pressure is inflated in line with the vehicle’s Owner Manual (Do not forget the spare wheel within the trunk, just in case you forgot)
• Wheel alignment is vital as this ensures that your vehicle is stable on the roads and extend the lifespan of your tyre wear.
It is advisable to always have an emergency kit in your vehicle. The kit consists of the following:
- Jumper Cables
- First Aid Kit
- Spare Tyre
- Wheel Wrench
- Reflective Warning Triangle
- Tool Kit
- Fire Extinguisher
- Flashlight (With an extra set of batteries)
- Tyre Sealer (Optional)
- Set of gloves
- Bottled Water
In the case of obtaining a flat tyre, simply follow the step-by-step guide on how to change a flat tyre.